I'd like to start this blog out with a political message: LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE. It's time for marriage equality for all and to end second class citizenship in our country.
Now that we have that out of the way, it's time for a less weighty topic: Looooooove. Okay, that's probably equally as weighty. NOT THE POINT. While as of now I have no plans of getting married (although I feel socially pressured to so I'd probably marry the first person who came along).
Anyway, the song that I've always felt is the perfect love song because it describes what I imagine love to be like so perfectly is "Love Is A Place" by Metric.
What a perfect song for a first dance at a wedding. If you haven't heard this song, you NEED to listen to it. It's one of my favorites of all time. Emily's voice is so beautiful too and there's nothing complicated about it. Pure, simple musical goodness.
Here's an acoustic performance I happen to love:
No comments:
Post a Comment