I've been asked to come up with my ultimate set list for a No Doubt show. The rules:
1. No covers (besides Stand and Deliver and It's My Life)
2. Only 20 songs.
I decided I'm going to do it and post it here for any No Doubters (that includes you randos who stumble across this... Don't be afraid to comment! I love meeting new No Doubters!) to comment on, discuss, post their own, etc. I've also included an explanation of why I included some songs/why I put them where I did. So, without further adieu, here it is!
1. New
I like the way this one starts off kinda slow and then builds and climaxes. It'd be the perfect way to start out a show!
2. Hella Good
Gotta keep the energy up from New and get the crowd PUMPED and there's no better song to do so than this.
3. Hey Baby
Keeping it in the poppy Rock Steady theme...
4. It's My Life
5. You're So Foxy
I've always LOVED this song and wish it would have been on an album or even a single.
6. Running
Gotta slow it down a bit to give some contrast and I think this would be a good transition.
7. Acoustic version of Magic's in the Makeup
I LOVE THIS SONG. And I love the acoustic recording. And seeing it live would make me cream myself.
8. Simple Kind of Life
9. Ex-Girlfriend
To bring the energy back up... And I love rocking out to this one.
10. Sunday Morning
Time to bring the ska vibes
11. Total Hate '95
LOVE THIS SONG.
12. Sometimes
I've always loved this and it'd be cool to see some REALLY old school No Doubt.
13. Underneath It All
14. Everything In Time (either version... I like both!)
Another one I thought should've been on an album...
15. Bathwater
16. Platinum Blonde Life
I just think this song would be epic live.
17. Don't Speak
Encore
18. Spiderwebs
19. Rock Steady
One of my favorite songs off Rock Steady. =)
20. Just A Girl
The perfect ending... Everyone'll be expecting it but at the same time, they'll be kind of afraid that they're not gonna do it. Gwen doing her push ups, shouting "Fuck you, I'm a girl!!"... What better way to remember a show by than this?
OK I need need need to hear Sometimes and By the Way.
ReplyDeleteI also absolutely need to hear Platinum Blonde Life and Your So Foxy! Why didn't they release that song??? I don't get it!
Not on your list that I need to hear is Under Construction, and Panic
Also I would like Running and Ex-Girlfriend in Acoustic