My power concert series continues!!! Last night was the sold out Gotye and Kimbra show. I found out a few hours before that I won VIP upgrades so I got to watch the whole show from a side booth. It was an awesome experience and there were some super cool people who were there to watch the show with us.
Kimbra went on first and was absolutely amazing. The woman has some pipes! She was belting it out and dancing around the stage the whole time. "Cameo Lover" was a favorite of mine as I got to dance along with her.
Gotye hit the stage after Kimbra's set and was incredible as well. In addition to singing, he played drums and keys so he was always busy. He brought out Kimbra for "Somebody That I Used To Know" and that was a magical experience.
The big gripe that I had with the show had nothing to do with the performance but with the audience. It seemed like almost no one in the pit was moving the whole time and they weren't responding to the performers' energy. I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been for them as it was pretty frustrating for me. I'll never understand why people go to shows and don't get into it. I mean, how can you not?! Even if you don't know the music that well you can still bop along.
Anyway, that's a quick update. Today is Ellie Goulding's acoustic performance at the Mall of America. I'm legit giddy to see her again. Should be a great show!
No comments:
Post a Comment