Sunday, July 10, 2011

CARDIO, Y U NO BE MORE EXCITING?!

As I so often seem to start sentences in here, I'm going to start another one with "For those of you who..."

For those of you who don't pay attention, know me at all, or are just mildly mentally challenged, I enjoy fitness and exercising. And by enjoy it, I mean I force myself to do it in the hopes of some day attracting a male... even Jillian Michaels has admitted that she doesn't like to work out (or at least that's what an ad on a website told me). My point is that I'm really into fitness. However, lately I've been really lacking the motivation to do most of my cardio workouts. I don't want to run. Running is so... bleh and repetitive.

So, like any person who lacks a social life off the internet, I'm turning to you, my wonderful blog readers and Twitter randos and randos from Germany (seriously, I keep getting random views on here from Germany) for some advice. What the fuck do I do for cardio that's less dull? Keep in mind that I'm cheap and fairly poor so I don't want to go shoveling out a ton of money for new equipment unless it's gonna get me really ripped.

I'm also open to new forms of non-cardio exercise as well (know a great yoga place that's cheap? LET ME KNOW). Doing the same things over and over gets old fast.

2 comments:

  1. I can't run because of my knees. Literally, my knee will go out of its socket if I strain the too much. So I feel ya.

    Corepower yoga gives new clients a free week of yoga. Their hot yoga is amazing. You seriously burn so many calories; everyones in a puddle of their own sweat by the end of it. Last summer I went to the one in dinkytown & this summer I think I'm just gonna go to the one in uptown & give them a fake name and address so I can get the free week again... hehehe.

    P90X cardio & plyo are phenomenal. You do dozens of different exercises & you definitely don't get bored. I'm sure you can find them streaming online somewhere.

    I have heard great things about Zumba, but I haven't tried it. You could probably find some of that streaming online somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're welcome to join me for a yoga sesh at Life Time any day. I get like two guest passes a month.

    As for cardio, jumping on trampolines. I know you don't have one. I don't either, but I'm trying to convince my mom to buy one. But if you happen to get your hands on one, I highly recommend it. But I totally agree, running sucks balls.

    ReplyDelete