Wednesday, October 27, 2010

High School... I miss thee?

I was just going through my photo albums on Facebook and trying to do some better organization/housekeeping of what exactly each photo album contains and when they were taken, etc. and something unexpected happened: I began to miss high school. As much as I complained the whole way through and said I'd get out and never look back, there really were a lot of good things about it. I had a lot of fun times with my friends (I actually had friends of the non-internet variety!) and there were a lot of good things... I don't miss it as much as I miss elementary school with Star Lab, summer road trips to Nonna and Nonno's house (and, once there, baking, going to movies, shopping, swimming, seeing fire works, playing with chalk, catching lightning bugs...), bad 90's music, stuffed animals (don't judge me lol), and generally less work... but I do miss some parts. I definitely miss a lot of my friends, too, such as Natalie, Katrina, Sam, Paige, Anne... I barely talk to any of them. We used to be so close and then drifted apart... I know a lot of it was my fault for being such a psycho but still... They still are some of the coolest people I've ever met. As much as I bitched about everyone at Totino Grace being clones and religious whackos there were good people there. And I always had my friends from St. Anthony. I think part of this may be because I didn't walk in graduation. I've said it once and I'll probably say it again but I feel like I never really got closure. I don't regret it, however. I mean... I never took a class at the school I graduated from. I dunno, I just wish time travel really was possible... or reincarnation, for that matter. I want to grow up again... but I want it to be with the same people and the similar experiences. I care about all of you too much and am truly thankful for my life so far.

But as for high school...
I miss the 7 Deadly Sins Game.
I miss going to Applebees for half price appetizers.
I miss walking places (Weird, I know...)
I miss living at home...
I'm actually thinking... maybe I should move back home. I haven't been emotionally right since I've moved out. I'm such a mess.

"I'd give, I'd bend... Let's play pretend."
-Pretend by Lights

God, what I'd give to be a kid again...

No comments:

Post a Comment