Tuesday, March 16, 2010

From coast to coast and star to star

I don't know why but tonight I started thinking about transferring... again. I know, I know... I just did this last semester so shouldn't I be happy with where I am? Well, I am happy at Minnesota. This is why it's so strange that I'm having these thoughts.

I've started looking into the national student exchange program where I could take classes at a different university for a semester or even a full year but... I'm not sure if that's enough or what I really want and I'm not sure how I'd be able to swing it with all the classes I need to take to graduate on time/ahead of schedule/whatever the fuck track I'm on right now.

But I was just thinking... maybe if I'd have taken my college decision more seriously, I would've gone to the University of the Pacific instead of Purdue. And I'd be in California right now. Or maybe I would have applied elsewhere in Cali or to the University of Toronto (I really should have applied there).

I suppose there's nothing I can do about it now (except for research time travel). And besides, I genuinely enjoy where I am; I've got great friends in a great place and I'm getting so many opportunities to do things that I didn't have at Purdue (MPAC, research, being an SSDP board member, etc.) but I can't shake this feeling. Hopefully it'll pass.

Maybe I just need to go on a vacation (not that I can afford one, mind you). I've never really been on a REAL vacation. We always go somewhere to visit relatives or to Wisconsin... which usually involves meeting relatives there. I'd really like to go someplace wild and unfamiliar just to GO there, you know? Like to see the sights or just spend time there or whatever. That'd be great...

2 comments: