Sunday, February 14, 2010

Singles Awareness Day: Let's call it what it is

Ahhhhh, Singles Awareness Day... Possibly the only holiday devoted completely to making people feel worse about themselves. The only reason this day exists is so candy and flower companies can dish out more product during their slow season. I don't see why we need a whole day for couples to go out and rub their happiness in the rest of our faces.

This year, I'm gonna be honest about something: I don't think I'm emotionally stable enough for a relationship. Yeah, as much as I'd LIKE one it honestly probably isn't a good a idea. I'd drive whoever I was dating completely batshit because I'm so irritable and stressed all the time. I wouldn't want to force that upon someone. It just would be nice to have someone to rely on... and to bang. Banging would be swell.

I would like to make one slightly less cynical point: Couples, shouldn't you be treating each other like you do around Singles Awareness Day all year long? (minus the PDA... That shit needs to stop) Why is it that this one day/couple of days each year you decide that you're going to appreciate each other? Shouldn't you do that all the time? After all, there are some of us who have never been in a relationship and would kill something to do so. So appreciate it, you ungrateful bastards.

3 comments:

  1. Aww Joey see, I think you Would do well in a relationship. Like you mentioned about wanting to kill to be in one and how people should act like that throughout the year, I think you're one of a very few people who would act that way and be deeply committed to it. You'll find someone Joey, it might take a while but there's someone out there for you. (sorry for being a bit optimistic, it's just that's how I see my situation :D) oh btw it's me geo :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm gonna be honest about something: I don't think I'm emotionally stable enough for a relationship. Yeah, as much as I'd LIKE one it honestly probably isn't a good a idea. I'd drive whoever I was dating completely batshit because I'm so irritable and stressed all the time. I wouldn't want to force that upon someone. It just would be nice to have someone to rely on..."

    I Love that quote 'cuz that is exactly how I feel man. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to your last statement! Relationships should be about respect and appreciation ALL the time!

    Another comment: I think that anyone who loves someone or who has people in his or her life that love him or her (not necessarily romantically) can celebrate Valentine's Day. I hate how the day excludes so many people. Really, it's for everybody!

    ReplyDelete